Welcome to the 10th Class Biology Chapter 11 MCQs Online Test. We are presenting you with top MCQ questions from the 10th Class Biology Chapter Homoeostasis.
We want to tell you that you can find all the 10th Class Biology Chapter 11 MCQs online tests on our website. These online tests are great for learning and as well as for scoring maximum marks in your Matric Exams. We are making these Class 10 Biology MCQs online tests for those who want full marks in their exams. Attempt all these Grade 10 Biology Online Multiple Choice Questions MCQs before going for the exam and it will be beneficial for you! These online tests contain all the important multiple choice questions in the important topics of the 10th Class Biology Chapter 11 Homoeostasis.
10th Class Biology Chapter 11 MCQs with Answers
Youth For Pakistan has provided an excellent opportunity for the students of the 10th class to prepare their Biology Chapter 11 Homoeostasis online with MCQs test.
This is a free platform for students to prepare for Biology Exams for Class 10 to get the best accomplishments in annual exams. 10th class Students can analyze themself by attempting this online test system as many times as they want until they find themself fully prepared. 10th Class Biology Chapters include Chapter 10 – Gaseous Exchange, Chapter 11 – Homeostasis, Chapter 12 – Coordination and Control, Chapter 13 – Support and Movement, Chapter 14 – Reproduction, Chapter 15 – Inheritance, Chapter 16 – Man and His Environment and Chapter 17 – Biotechnology.
MCQs Class 10 Biology with Answers
The purpose of these online MCQs tests is to help you evaluate your 10th Class Biology Chapter 11 MCQs. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will prepare you for your academic success in the 10th Class Exams.
What is Homoeostasis?
In biology, homeostasis is the state of steady internal, physical, and chemical conditions maintained by living systems. This is the condition of optimal functioning for the organism and includes many variables, such as body temperature and fluid balance, being kept within certain pre-set limits (homeostatic range).
10th Class Biology Chapter 11 MCQs: Homoeostasis
1. The human urinary system consists of;
(a) Rectum, lungs, kidneys, ureters
(b) Kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder
(c) Skin, liver, lungs, kidneys
(d) Kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra
2. Which among the following organ is responsible for filtering the blood?
3. The tube between kidney and urinary bladder is the;
(c) Renal tubule
4. Body balance of water, salts, temperature and glucose is termed as
(b) Tubular secretion
5. Which is the correct order for the path taken by urine after it leaves the kidneys?
(a) Urethra, bladder, ureters
(b) Bladder, ureters, urethra
(c) Ureters, bladder, urethra
(d) Bladder, urethra, ureters
6. What is the function of the ureter?
(a) To store urine
(b) To carry urine from the kidney to the bladder
(c) To carry urine out of the body
(d) To remove wastes from the blood
7. What waste products are excreted by kidneys?
(a) Urea, water & salts
(b) Salts, water and carbon dioxide
(c) Urea & water
(d) Urea & salts
8. The two main functions of sweat are;
(a) To keep the body cool and to remove excess proteins
(b) To keep the body warm and to filter the blood
(c) To filter the blood and to remove waste products
(d) To remove waste products and to cool the body
9. Which would NOT be present in the filtrate entering the Bowman’s capsule of nephron?
(b) Calcium ions
(c) Blood cells
10. During peritoneal dialysis, the waste 15 materials move from:
(a) The abdomen to the dialysis fluid
(b) The dialysis fluid to the peritoneum blood vessels
(c) The peritoneum blood vessels to the dialysis fluid
(d) The dialysis fluid to the abdomen
11. Core temperature of human body remains at about:
12. Calcium oxalate is deposited in the form of crystals in the leaves and stems of:
13. Resins are removed by:
(b) Lady finger
14. Cacti are examples of:
15. Organs which work for homeostasis are:
(d) All of the above
16. The depression near the centre of concave area of kidney is called:
17. U—shaped part of renal tubule is called:
(a) Renal corpuscle
(c) Loop of Henle
(d) Bowman’s capsule
18. Which of following are not filtered through glomerular capillaries:
(a) Blood cells
(c) Blood cells and Proteins
19. The typical volume of urine produced by an average adult per day is:
(a) I liter
(b) 2 liters
(c) 5 liters
(d) 1.4 liter
20. By drinking plenty o water how many stones can be avoided?
21. A method for removing stones in which non-electrical shock waves are bombarded on stones is called:
22. Normal pH of blood is maintained at:
(c) 7.30 — 7.40
23. The loss of water in the form of drops from tips of leaf is called:
24. A method for removal of kidney stone is:
(b) Peritoneal Dialysis
(d) Kidney transplant
25. In plants the excess water is removed by:
(d) Transpiration and Guttation
26. The ‘Nephrons’ are mainly made of:
(a) Renal Corpuscle
(b) Renal tubule
(c) Renal corpuscle and renal tubule
(d) Renal pelvis
27 Which is not the function of kidney?
(a) pH balance
(b) Blood pressure
(c) Composition of blood
(d) Digestion of proteins
28. In animals, the excretion of CO2 takes place by:
29, Which one is not the part of kidney?
30. Metabolic wastes are eliminated by:
31. Guttation occurs in:
(d) Lady finger
32. Water is transported by:
(c) Xylene and Phloem
33. What is during respiration?
(c) CO2 and H2O
34. Rubber plant produces:
35. Keekar produces:
36. Broad leaves are found in:
37. Succulent organs are found in:
38. Uric acid is removed by:
(c) Kidneys and Skin
39. Which creates an insulating blanket of warm air?
40. Which encloses glomerulus?
(b) Loop of Henle
(c) Bowman’s capsule
(d) Collecting duct
41. Åmount of urea in normal chemical composition of urea in urine is:
(a) 9.3 g/l
(b) 1.87 g/l
(c) 1.17 g/l
(d) 0.75 g/l
42. %age of Potassium ions in urine is;
(a) 1.8 g/l
(b) 1.17 g/C
(c) 0.75 g/l
(d) 9.3 g/l
43. Which is done at home?
(c) Peritoneal dialysis
(d) Kidney transplant
44. Average life for a donated kidney is:
(a) 8-10 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 20 years
(d) 10-15 years
45. Hypotonic urine is formed when water in body fluid is:
(c) In excess
(d) Not filtered
46. %age of water in Urine is:
47. What is the name of the common mineral salt present in sweat is
(a) Calcium nitrate
(b) Sodium chloride
(c) Potassium chloride
(d) Iron phosphate
48. If kidney the formation of urine occurs in how many steps?
49. Arterial blood dialysis is also called:
(d) Kidney transplant
50. The category of the plants that has adaptations of small and thick leaves to limit water loss is called:
51. Who wrote an encyclopedia “Al Tasrif”?
(a) Abu Nasr-al-Farabi
(b) Abu al-Qasim Al-Zahrawi
(c) Bu Ali Sina
52. Mucilage is secreted in:
(a) Carniverse plants
(b) Lady Finger
(c) Carniverse Plant and Lady Finger
53. The plant which live in sea water and adapted to salty environment called:
(d) Halophytes and Hydrophytes
54. Excretion is a process of
55. Despite of eating meal rich in Carbohydrates the blood glucose level remain about
(a) 1 g per liter
(b) 2 g per liter
(c) 3 g per liter
(d) 4 g per liter
56. Approximately what is the weight of kidney
(a) 10 g
(b) 15 g
(c) 20 g
(d) 27 g
57. What is the length of each kidney